Take a moment and sip this calming concoction that uses soothing herbs.
Mix one teaspoon of the following herbs:
* Whole chamomile flowers
* Dried spearmint leaves
* Dried hops
* Honey or Stevia
Add all the herbs and bring to boil, simmer for 5 minutes. Strain into a mug or cup and serve, sweetening with honey or stevia. Enjoy!
A recent study shows that differences exist between the anatomical structure of acupuncture and non-acupuncture points, according to research published in the Journal of Electron Spectroscopy and Related Phenomena.
Researchers used in-line phase contrast CT imaging with synchrotron radiation on known acupuncture points and non-acupuncture points. The scans showed that ST36 and ST37 acupuncture points contain fine, high-density structures and an increased number of large blood vessels. Non-acupuncture points did not exhibit these properties.
According to Chinese medicine, life force energy is carried through the body through a complex system of blood vessels called meridians. If the movement of blood is restricted, it causes disharmony in the way organs function. However, manipulating the body through acupuncture points helps blood flow freely again.
The authors said the study results provide scientific proof of the existence of acupuncture points, which appear to be connected to locations in the body that correspond with areas with higher concentrations of blood.
For more information
Certain vitamins, minerals and antioxidants are important for healthy hair, nails and skin. In addition to eating foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, such as wild Alaskan salmon, freshly ground flaxseed and Biotin. Each provides benefits for your hair, skin and nails:
1. Evening Primrose Oil – nourishes skin, hair and joints by supplying essential omega-6 fatty acids.
2. Omega-3 – provides the much-needed fatty acids EPA and DHA.
3. Vitamin D – supports bone and immune health.
4. Milk thistle – supports a healthy liver via its detoxification process and provides natural antioxidant capabilities.
5. Biotin – is a water-soluble B-vitamin (vitamin B7) – for hair loss and a scaly red rash around the eyes, nose, mouth.